From Helderberg Hilltowns of Albany County, NY
1543 Warners Lake Road, East Berne.
- Mathias C. Warner Jr. was born on 2 Feb 1765 at what is now the Town of Berne, Albany, NY, the son of Christopher Warner who settled at the north end of Warners Lake. He was called Jr. to differentiate him from his grandfather Mathias who was still alive.
- 23 Feb 1792 he leased from Stephen Van Rensselaer III Lot 652 in what is now the Town of Knox, Albany, NY. for 18 bu. of wheat first payment due 1 Jan 1799. That indicates he was the first settler on that land. This despite the fact the 1787 map shows a cleared field in the center of the lot. Probably it was overgrown. The person who originally cleared the land probably left when Van Rensselaer demanded rent. The map also shows a couple of swamps on the property.
- 1801 - Reportedly built the Mathias C. Warner House in 1801. Mathias' father Christopher had a sawmill that was undoubtedly the source of the lumber for the house.
- 9 Jul 1846 at Town of Knox, Albany, NY, Mathias died at age 81. He was buried at Warner Family Burying Ground, East Berne, Albany, NY. His estate was probated on 26 Jun 1847. The land evidently went to his son Peter.
- 1850 census - Peter Warner Town of Knox, Albany, NY.
- 1854 map of Knox that shows an M. Warner. His neighbors were A. Batcher and J. P. and Jacob Hane. Also M. Zeh and L. Clickman.
- 1860 - Peter and Margaret Ball Warner appeared on the census at Town of Guilderland, Albany, NY.
- 1866 - Peter Warner lived at 1543 Warners Lake Road. He was evicted for not paying rent during the Anti-Rent War.
- 1868 - Peter wrote his will.
- 22 Jul 1870 - Peter appeared on the federal census at Town of Knox, Albany, NY.
- after 22 Jul 1870 - Peter Warner died at Town of Knox, Albany, NY.
- before 1978 - Barns burned down when the farm was owned by Fred Kendall.
- until 1978 - Frederick P. Kendall
- Before 2003 - 2008 - Michael Scott.
- 2008 - 2010 - Owned by the Estate of Michael Scott