From Helderberg Hilltowns of Albany County, NY
Lot 390 is just north of the southern town line with Westerlo.
- 1787 Swan and Gathing(?) had built a house and made a small improvement on the north bounds of this lot.
- 1787 – Wm. Cockburn survey map shows this as a 157 ac. lot
- 1811 John Underhill
- 1830 - William Lawrenceref name="VR Leases">Van Rensselaer lease records summary compiled by Bertha Mattuck from Van Rensselaer Manor records at the NYS Archives</ref>, born in Dutchess County in 1799, settled in Berne and leased lot 390
- 1839 William Lawrence ran Lawrence's Tavern on what was then Delaware Turnpike, (this may have been on what is now Woodstock Road). An early incident leading to the Anti-rent War took place in the tavern and is mentioned on page 26 of Tin Horns and Calico.
- 1853 William and and his son Albert Lawrence leased part of adjoining Lot 389. In that same year Albert also leased a part of adjoining Lot 412. Albert is in neither the 1850 nor the 1855 census in Berne.
- 1854 W. & R. Lawrence (William and son Reuben Lawrence) on Lot 390 on the east side of what is now Woodstock Road, perhaps where McCain Road is now located. Maybe at the end of it? It is a very short dead end road. Perhaps the tavern was on the first floor of the house. That seems likely.
- 1866 the same house was lived in by O. St. John (Orlando?).
- 1854 - 
- 1866 - 
Source code Sources