From Helderberg Hilltowns of Albany County, NY
The first mass meeting of tenant farmers leading to the Anti-Rent War was held in Berne on July 4th, 1839. In January, 1845 one hundred and fifty delegates from eleven counties assembled in St. Paul's Lutheran Church to call for political action to redress their grievances.
- Sesquicentennial Anti-Rent Article - Frieda Saddlemire, Town of Knox Historian, wrote a Sesquicentennial Anti-Rent Article that gives an excellent overview of the Anti-Rent War.
- The Albany Argus, Tuesday, March 24, 1840 Vol. XXVII No. 2835 - Article about funding the militia in 1840 transcribed from an original copy by Ray Hand
- The New York Times July 19, 1866 Article
- The New York Times July 25, 1866 Article - saying the Anti-Rent War is virtually ended.
- The New York Times July 28, 1869 Article
- Judge Amasa J. Parker and the Anti-rent Wars - Landmarks of Albany County, New York
- Introduction to the Anti-rent Wars - Landmarks of Albany County, New York
- Buffalo Courier September 2, 1883 Article - has a good summary of events.
- Albany Times Union November 27, 2011 - Good summary
- New York State Library Summary - Modern summary of Anti-rent Wars
- Tin Horns and Calico by Henry Christman (1945)
- Calico and Tin Horns by Candace Christiansen (1992)
- ↑ Christman, Henry, Tin Horns and Calico, Hope Farm Press, 1978, pp. 128-130