Marriage & Children
Catherine married Nicholas Chesebro (7/14/1827-8/31/1887) and they had the following children:
- Sarah Chesebro (b. 1855, m. George Ottman)
- Watson Chesebro (b.6/26/1862, m. Anna Haverly)
- Colman (Coleman) Chesebro (3/18/1865-10/14/1948, m. Flavia Bassler)
- Carrie Chesebro (1859-3/12/1930, m. Walter Baxter, 1857-1910)
- James Edson Chesebro (1869-2/14/1873)
- Manly W. Chesebro (b. after 1852)
- Alvah J. Chesebro (b. after 1852)
- Willie Chesebro (b. after 1852)
The funeral of Nicholas Chesebro, who died at his home on Wednesday morning, Aug 31, 1887 was largely attended from the M. E. church Knoxville on Friday at 2 o'clock. The deceased was a man possessing many friends who will sincerely mourn his demise. The M. E. church of which he had been a member for over 50 years, looses one of its best members, whose place it will be hard to fill. Heartfelt sympathy is felt for the bereaved widow and children. After the funeral service the remains were taken to the Knox cemetery where they were tenderly laid to rest.
- Altamont Enterprise - September 23, 1887
The will of Nicholas Chesebro was opened on Monday. It bequeaths to his wife Catherine Chesebro all the real and personal property for her use as long as she lives, after that it is to be equally divided between his children Watson I. Coleman Chesebro, Sarah Ottman, wife of George Ottman, and Carrie Baxter, wife of Walter Baxter. His son Watson is named executor.
- Altamont Enterprise - October 8, 1887
BAXTER - Burnt Hiils, N. Y., Tuesday, May 10, 1910, Walter Baxter, aged 52 years.
Funeral services Friday morning at 10 O'clock, from 735 Brandywine avenue, Schenectady.
- Altamont Enterprise - May 13, 1910
Nicholas Chesebro Obituary - Altamont Enterprise - September 3, 1887 Estate of Nocholas Chesebro - Altamont Enterprise - October 8, 1887 Walter Baxter Obituary - Altamont Enterprise - May 13, 1910