Howard Wright was born March 15, 1904 in Berne, the son of Eugene Wright (22 MAR 1864 - 16 AUG 1928) and Jennie Kirkpatrick (18 OCT 1877 - 16 MAR 1932). His brother and sister were:
- Margaret Wright (1902 - 1902)
- John Wright (6 DEC 1915 - 11 DEC 1915)
Howard Wright was a retired farmer, carpenter and electrician. He was a member of the Berne Lutheran Church and the Hilltowns Senior Citizens, a 50 plus year member of Berne Lodge No. 684 F&AM and was a member of Berne Tent KOTM770.
Marriage & Children
Howard Wright married July 25, 1931 at Middleburgh, Schoharie, NY Celia Blanche Miller (14 JUL 1912 - 15 NOV 2001). Their children were:
- Barbara Christina Wright (Private - ) - Barbara Eriksen of Berne;
- Robert Eugene Wright (19 FEB 1936 - 25 DEC 2008) - Robert Wright and his wife, Carolyn Frances Miller, the daughter of Hubert Henry Miller and Frances Ima Becker - of Ravena
- George Howard Wright (1 JUN 1941 - 13 FEB 2009 ) - George Wright and his wife, Judith of Berne
Howard Wright died 21 JUN 1985.
Funeral services for Howard Wright were conducted from the St. Paul's Lutheran Church in Berne Tuesday afternoon, Rev. Janice C. Jenson officiated. Burial was in Woodlawn Cemetery with Fredendall Funeral Home in charge of arrangements.
Born in Berne on March 15, 1904, Howard Wright was the son of the late Eugene and Jennie Kirkpatrick Wright. On July 25,1931 he married Celia Miller and they spent their winters in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. He was a retired farmer, carpenter and electrician. He was a member of the Berne Lutheran Church and the Hilltowns Senior Citizens, a 50 plus year member of Berne Lodge No. 684 F&AM and was a member of Berne Tent KOTM770.
The Berne ambulance took him to St. Peter's Hospital on Wednesday afternoon and he was treated in the coronary unit until his death on Friday, June 21 (1985). He is survived by his wife, Celia Miller Wright; two sons, Robert Wright of Ravena and George Wright of Berne; a daughter, Barbara Eriksen of Berne. Also surviving are seven grandsons, Derek and Garth Wright of Ravena; Craig, Jeremy, and Andrew Wright of Berne; Richard and Brian Eriksen of Berne; and also several cousins, nieces and nephews. Those who wish may make Contributions to the memorial fund of St.. Paul's Lutheran Church; Berne, N.Y. 12023.
- Altamont Enterprise - June 27, 1985
The wedding of Miss Jennie Kirkpatrick and Eugene Wright took place at the borne of the bride's father William Kirkpatrick, Tuesday evening, Dec. 30.
- Altamont Enterprise - January 2, 1903
- www.BerneHistory.com Family Files