Thompson's Lake refers to the lake and surrounding community in the north east part of the town. The northern half of the lake is in Knox.
Thompson’s Lake was named after early residents John and William Thompson. In the late 19th and early 20th century it was a popular summer resort.William J. Hart, was the first one in the Thompson’s Lake area to take in summer boarders. He owned an establishment which was known as the Lake View House. Three boarding houses near the lake were always filled throughout the summer months. Now the public beaches are closed and the boarding houses are private residences. Many of the cottages around the lake now are lived in year around.
- There is public access for swimming, boating, and fishing at Thompsons Lake State Park at the north end of the lake. It has a swimming beach, a playground and playing fields, picnic tables, recreation programs, a nature trail, fishing and ice fishing, a boat launch, a dump station, campground for tents and trailers, cross-country skiing and snowshoeing.
- Farms, natural areas, outdoor recreation opportunities, and visitor facilities in the vicinity
- Knox visitor attractions and facilities
- Berne visitor attractions and facilities
- Second Dutch Reformed Church organized 1826.
Hotels, Inns, Taverns, and Resorts
- Lakeview Hotel
- Lakeside Hotel
- Grove Hotel - Palmatier's Hotel
- Thompson's Lake Hotel
- That Place
- Mountain View House
This section is for scenic photos and post cards of the hamlet. Photos of people and families should be posted on biography or family pages.