Johannes Ecker, b. 1735 Wright, Schoharie, Albany Co, NY, s/o Nicholas Ecker
Leased Lot 594 which was settled by his brother.
probably a farmer
Marriage & Children
Johannes Ecker m. abt. 1762 Catharina Jung/Young, b. 05 Dec 1741. She was probably the dau. of Henrich Jung / Young and Anna Margaret whose son Peter lived a few miles from the Ecker farm in 1790. Nicolas Ecker Jr., brother of Johannes, married Gertrude Young who was undoubtedly a sister of Catharina Young. Gertrude sponsored the baptism of the dau. of Johannes and Catharina.
- Gertrauda, d/o "Johannes Ecker and Catherina Jungin," b. 28 Jul 1779, Schoharie Reformed Church, NY, no.1292, bp. 8 Aug 1779 sponsor Gertrauda Jungin.
The surviving children named in their father's will were:
- Nicholas Ecker
- Johannes Ecker, deceased at the time of his father's will. His sons Jost and Jacob named
- Jacob Ecker
- Adam Ecker
- Elizabeth Ecker wife of Jacobus Dietz
- Maria Catherine wife of Johannes Schaeffer
- Margaret Ecker wife of Johannes Shultes
- Gertrude Ecker wife of Peter Swart
- Catherine Ecker, apparently unmarried at the time of her father's will.
Johannes Ecker, d. 10 Feb 1817 Berne, Albany Co, NY.
- William V. H. Barker