About 1710. Germany > New York.
- 1740, Town of Schoharie. 
- A study of the vital records of the Ecker family indicates that Lot 594 on the Switzkill at it's juncture with the Foxenkill was probably homesteaded by Nicholas Ecker, Jr. before 1745.
Presumably a farmer.
Marriage & Children
Married (1) abt. 1716, Anna Margaret. They had the following children:
- Nicholas Ecker, b. abt. 1721 Schoharie, Albany Co, NY, d. Bef. Aug 1774 Beaverdam (Berne), Albany Co, NY
- Maria Elisabetha Ecker, b. 07 Nov 1725 Schoharie, Albany Co, NY, m. Johann Hendrich Dietz
- Johannes Ecker, b. 1735 Wright, Schoharie, Albany Co, NY
Married (2) abt. 1737, Maria Magdalena Horn.
Married (3) 1 Nov 1741 Schoharie Reformed Church, NY, Catherine Scheid.
- Maria Elisabeth Ecker, b. 1749 Foxenkill Creek, Berne, Albany Co, NY, m. Conrad Swart
Nicholas Ecker, d. abt. 1770 Schoharie, Albany Co, NY.
- Schwedelbach church books begin in 1721 - to late for Nicholas's baptism.
- Barker, William V.H. "Families (to 1825) of Herkimer, Montgomery, & Schoharie, N.Y." Sheldon, CT: W.V.H.Barker, 1999, [no. 1732] Nicholas Ecker.
- Jones, Henry Z. FASG, "Palatine Families of New York: A Study of the German Immigrants Who Arrived in Colonial New York in 1710." 2 vol., Universal City, CA: H.Z. Jones, 1985. Vol.I, pp193-5, see later updates.
- Jones, Henry Z. FASG, "More Palatine Families: Some Immigrants to the Middle Colonies 1717-1776 and their European Origins." Universal City, CA: H.Z. Jones, 1991. p329, see "Even More Palatines" for futher additions.
- Jones, Henry Z. FASG, "Even More Palatine Families: 18th century immigrants to American." Rockport, ME: Picton Press, 2002. Vol.3, pp1695-1697.
- Henry Cady
- Glen Swartz