Bradley, Theodore F.
From Helderberg Hilltowns of Albany County, NY
Theodore F. Bradley was born March 19, 1836 to Philo Bradley (B. Mar 23, 1795) and Mercy Gardiner (B. Sept 18, 1794, D. July 30, 1866). He was one of the youngest of 12 children,. His siblings were; 
- Phebe Catherine Bradley - Phebe Catherine, born July 3, 1827; married John Wilshaw and resides in Albany.
- Daniel Gardiner Bradley - Daniel Gardiner, born June 8, 181 7; resides in Albany.
- Mary Bradley - Mary, born July 12, 18 19; married Ambrose W. Palmer; and resides in Decatur, Illinois.
- Assoc. Joseph Philo Bradley-Joseph P. Bradley, born March 14, 1813; married Mary Hornblower, dau. of Ch. Justice Hornblower, of New Jersey, and resides in Washington.
- Charles Downing Bradley - Charles Downing, born Feb. 11, 1839; resides in Canon City, Colorado ; is a lawyer.
- Elias Bates Bradley - Elias Bates and Darius Bates, twins, born March 7, 1822 ; Elias resides at Gallupville, Schoharie County, N. Y. ;
- Darius Bates Bradley - Elias Bates and Darius Bates, twins, born March 7, 1822 ; Darius died when only a few days old.
- Mercy Jane Bradley - Mercy Jane, born April 11, 1833; married Roswell O. Hutchins, and resides near Rose Hill, Mahaska Co., Iowa.
- Olive Bradley - Olive, born July 21, 1824; died Nov. 3, 1838. (Her name was in compliment to my great-grandfather — his mother's name — the centenary of her marriage.)
- Emma Bradley - Emma, born May 7, 181 5, married Elias Willsey ; and died July 2, 1867, in Schenectady, N. Y.
- Elam Isaac Bradley - Elam Isaac, born April 7, 1830; resides in Albany.
Marriage & Children
|Name:||Theodore F. Bradley|
|Names of Parents:||Philo (Bradley) and Mercy Gardner|
|Enlistment Date:||May 6, 1861|
|State Served:||New York|
|Regiment:||8th Infantry8th Light Artillery|
|Transferred on:||24 Oct 1861 |
|Transferred to:||2nd Artillery|
|Promotion Rank:||2nd Lt.|
|Promotion Date:||25 July 1863|
|Promotion Rank:||1st Lt.|
|Muster Out Date:|
|Muster Out Place:|
|Additional Remarks: Enlisted at age 24. PO Rensselaerville, Albany Co., NY|
|Sources Used: 1865 census Berne, Albany Co., NY; Howell, George Rogers, History of the County of Albany, NY from 1609-1886, W. W. Munsell & Co., 1886, page 817, Town And City Registers of the Men Who Served in the Civil War.|
Theodore died in 1914 and was buried at the Chenango Valley Cemetery, Hillcrest,Fenton, Broome County, N.Y.
Additional Research Notes
- ↑ Bernehistory.org
- ↑ Family notes respecting the Bradley family of Fairfield, and our descent therefrom : with notices of collateral ancestors on the female side for the use of my children (1894), Bradley, Joseph P., 1813-1892. cn; Bradley, Charles, 1857- ed, Newark, N.J., A. Pierson & Co., printers and book-binders
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Town and City Registers of Men Who Served in the Civil War
- ↑ Civil War Veterans Buried in the Chenango Valley Cemetery Nowlan Rd, HillcrestTown of Fenton Broome County, New York. http://www.nycivilwar.us/cvcem.html