Barton, Caleb S.
He was a farmer
Marriage & Children
Caleb married Sally Martha Carle on 1 Jan 1803 in the Presbyterian Church, Yorktown, Westchester Co., NY. Sally was born on 13 Jan 1782 in Westchester County, NY.
Caleb and Sally had the following children:
- An unidentified daughter was born about 1804 in Westchester Co., NY.<br.>
- Anna Barton was born about 1807 in Westchester Co., NY. She died on 5 Jul 1893 in Berne, Albany Co., NY. She was buried in Cole Hill Road, Berne, Albany Co., NY. Anna married Eli Miller a son of William Miller and his wife, Nancy about 1825 in NY. Eli was born on 1 Oct 1800 in NY. He died on 11 Sep 1852 in Berne, Albany Co., NY. He was also buried in Cole Hill Road, Berne, Albany Co., NY<br.>
- Another unidentified daughter who was born about 1809 in Westchester Co., NY. Perhaps this is Clarissa Barton who married Solomon Houghtaling and removed to Wisconsin.<br.>
- Elizabeth Barton was born about 1813 in Westchester Co., NY. Elizabeth never married. She died shortly after 1880 in New Scotland, Albany Co., NY. She was buried in Mt. Pleasant, New Salem, Albany Co., NY.<br.>
- Sally Martha Barton was born about 1817 at Berne. She died in 1869 in Albany, New York. Sally married Elijah McNary the son of Martin A. McNary and Elizabeth Betsy Cary at about 1840 in Berne, Albany County, NY, USA. Elijah was born about 1817 in Berne, Albany Co., NY. He died in 1894/1900 in Albany County, NY. Efforts thus far have been futile to learn where Sally and Elijah are buried. It is presumed that she was buried at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in New Salem.<br.>
- Abigail Barton was born on 7 Jul 1820 at Berne. Abigail married first, a man named Miller (whose given name is not yet known). She married secondly, Edgar Robins at about 1849 in Albany Co., NY. Edgar was born in 1825 in NY. He died in 1897. He was buried in Greenwood Cemetery, Bridgman, Michigan. It has not been learned when or where Abigail died and is buried. <br.>
- George S. Barton was born on 1 May 1821 at Berne. He died on 7 Apr 1903 at New Salem. He was buried at the Mt. Pleasant Cemetery in New Salem. George married Mary Jane Cary, a daughter of Samuel Cary and Elizabeth Joslin at about 1856. Mary was born on 3 Aug 1831 in , Albany Co., NY. After the death of her mother, she was adopted by Abram Sigsbee and his wife, Catherine Hotaling. She died on 1 Jan 1899 in , Albany Co., NY. She was buried in the Presbyterian Church Cemetery, New Scotland, Albany Co., NY.
Caleb died on 22 Jul 1857 in Berne, Albany Co., NY, and was buried in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, New Salem, Albany Co., NY. Sally Martha died on 26 May 1867 in the Town of New Scotland, Albany Co., NY. She was buried in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, New Salem, Albany Co., NY
- Mont Pleasant Cemetery, New Salem, Albany County, NY
- Roger Barton of Westchester County, George E. McCracken
- 1810 & 1820 census
- The Journal of the Reverend Silas Constant, Emily Warren Roebling
- 1855 census, Berne, Albany Co., NY
- Presbyterian Church Cemetery, Albany County, NY