He was a farmer.
Marriage & Children
Theodore married Louise Torry (11/29/1819-12/30/1909) and they had the following children:
- Permelia Armstrong (Permilia, Pomelia) (7/27/1845 - 10/3/1912, m. 7/4/1866 Norman O. Bell of VT., who was born 12/25/1843 and died after 1910)
- Tahpenes Armstrong (b. 10/12/1852 - ), married Austin Gifford, (8/22/1848 - 1/16/1891) - Their son was Milton T. Gifford (July 2, 1883 - Sept. 6, 1916)
- Marietta (Mary Etta) Armstrong (5/31/1851 or 1850 - 6/23/1889) married Solomon J. Van Auken
Born Mar. 12, 1918
Died Nov. 24, 1887
Born Nov. 29, 1918
Died Dec. 30, 1909
Born Aug. 22, 1948
Died Jan 16, 1891
Born Oct. 12, 1852
Milton T. Gifford
Born July 2, 1883
Died Sept. 6, 1916
Mary Etta Armstrong
Born May 31, 1851
Died June 23, 1889
Norman O. Bell
Born Dec 25, 1843
Born July 27, 1845
Died Oct 3, 1912
Mrs. G. Keeaholts and daughter, Etta, of Albany, spent Wednesday with her father, Solomon Van Auken.
- Altamont Enterprise - July 2, 1909
—The will of Theodore Armstrong, late of the town of Knox, was presented to Surrogate Woods this week to be proven. It bequeaths to his wife, Louisa, all his real estate for her own use and benefit in lieu of dower, to his son-in-law, Norman Bell, $1,300, to take a note for that amount from Norman Bell, the executrix to endorse the same as paid upon a mortgage held by him against the said Norman Bell for $4,000; to his daughter, Marietta Van Auken, $1,000; to his daughter, Shipness Gifford, $1,000 such amounts to be paid by notes held by the estate against their respective husbands; to his executrices all the rest and residue of the estate in trust, the income thereof to be enjoyed by the widow during her lifetime, at her death the same to be divided among their three daughters. The widow and his daughters Pomelia are named executrices and the will was made August 27,1887.
- Altamont Enterprise - January 21, 1888
Wednesday, Feb. 18th 1891, at 10 a. m., Tahpenes Gifford, executrix of the estate of Austin Gifford, deceased, will sell from his late residence, 4 miles west of Altamont and 1 mile north-west of the Township, a lot of farm stock and implements.
- Altamont Enterprise - February 14, 1891
The remains of Milton T. Gifford of Schnectady, formerly of Knox, were brought here for burial on Saturday afternoon.
Mr. and Mrs. Jerome Torrey and Mr. and Mrs. W. Becker attended the funeral of Milton Gifford at Schenectady on Saturday.
- Altamont Enterprise - September 15, 1916
Mrs. Louisa Armstrong and grandson, Milton Gifford, who have been spending the summer in the place, have returned to Schnectady.
- Altamont Enterprise - September 7, 1906
Theodore Armstrong Estate - Altamont Enterprise - January 21, 1888 Tahpenes Gifford Estate Sale - Altamont Enterprise - February 14, 1891 Milton T. Gifford Burial - Altamont Enterprise - September 15, 1916 Theodore Armstrong Grave - Knox Cemetery Permelia Armstrong - Knox Cemetery Louisa A. Torey - Knox Cemetery
- Norman O. Bell (B. 1842) - Knox Cemetery
Austin Gifford - Knox Cemetery Milton T. Gifford - Knox Cemetery