Armstrong, Andrew W.
From Helderberg Hilltowns of Albany County, NY
(Redirected from Andrew W. Armstrong)
Andrew W. Armstrong was born March 9, 1808, in Knox, the eldest son of John Armstrong (2/13/1784 - 3/14/1879) and Tahpenes Williams (10/3/1788 - 4/30/1859).
He was a farmer in the Town of Wright, Schoharie Co., N.Y..
Marriage & Children
Andrew married Ruth Benjamin (1809 - 3/11/1865). After her death, Andrew married again on November 28, 1865, to Charlotte Harecourt. Charlotte was born ca 1832, the daughter of Rev. William Harecourt and his wife, Sarah.
He had the following children with Ruth:
- Hannah Ann Armstrong (2/23/1832 - 6/18/1904, m @ 1852 Alexander Zimmer, 2/2/1826 - 6/6/1868, and Joseph Crary, 2/13/1825 - 6/1/1880)
- Sarah Armstrong (b. 2/8/1839, m. 2/4/1858 Sherman Chesebro)
- James H. Armstrong (b.@ 1841)
- Mary Ester Armstrong (1836 - 5/25/1917, m. Miner Posson, 1/29/1836 - 5/25/1917)
- Charles Armstrong (born @ 1845, m. Jennie Rowley)
- Elida Armstrong (9/7/1834 - 10/12/1850)
- Emma Armstrong (7/1/1850 - 2/4/1870)
- Eliakim C.Armstrong (1847 - 1925, m. Elizabeth Snyder, b. 1852)
Andrew W. Armstrong died in 1871, and is buried in Gallupville Rural Cemetery, in nearby Schoharie County.