The Elgin Creamery
From Helderberg Hilltowns of Albany County, NY
Elgin Creamery was built in 1805 at South Westerlo on what is still called Creamery Rd. John Blood was hired as the first manager, and was later succeeded by Rienza Lockwood. They were followed by William Covenhoven and Homer Tuttle.
- "Town of Westerlo Then and Now, Bicentennial Booklet, 1976