Bassler, Charles D.
Charles D. Bassler was born 13 Apr 1874 in Berne, Albany, New York,, the son of Albert Peter Bassler (1838 – 1924) and Melvina Becker (1844 – 1900). His siblings were:
- Nellie May Bassler (1876 – 1944)
- Rhoba E. Bassler (1877 – 1970)
- Ancestry.com 11-03-09 Ralph Koch
Marriage & Children
Charles D. Bassler married Elsie Schoonmaker. Their children were:
- Mrs. Clara Hacher - Clara B. Hatcher, Selkirk - Clara N. Bassler (1912 – 2006)
- Howard Bassler - Howard A. Bassler, West Berne - Howard A. Bassler (1899 – 1986)
- Olin Bassler - Olin S. Bassler, Berne - Olin S. Bassler (1901 – 1975)
- Peter Charles Bassler - Peter C. Bassler, Berne
Charles D. Bassler died Wednesday, March 1, (1950) at Berne
BASSLER - Wednesday, March 1, (1950) at Berne, Charles D. Bassler, husband of Elsie Schoonmaker; father of Mrs. Clara Hacher, Howard, Olin and Peter Bassler, brother of Mrs. Rhoba Wolford. Funeral services were held Saturday afternoon from the Floyd J. Brunk Funeral Home, Berne.
- Altamont Enterprise — March 10, 1950
Charles D. Bassler, who died in the Town of Berne Mar. 1, left a $29,000 estate to his widow, children and grandchildren, according to terms of his will admitted to probate by surrogate Rogan. Mrs. Elsie E. Bassler, widow, receives $10,000. Bequests to his children included; $2,000 each to Clara B. Hatcher, Selkirk, and Peter C. Bassler, Berne; $6,000 to Howard A. Bassler, West Berne, and $10,000 to Olin S. Bassler, Berne. Six grandchildren were bequeathed $100 each.
- Altamont Enterprise - March 31, 1950