Sylvester Allen was b. January 7, 1818. He was the son of John Allen (B. 1783) (b.9/24/1783,d. 4/2/1868) and Anna Eva Weidman (b. 6/8/1786, d. between 7/7/1821 - 1825) Sylvester's parents were married in 1806.
Sylvester is listed as a carpenter and joiner, bee raiser and farmer, as well as Overseer of the Poor in 1875.
Marriage & Children
- Mary Ann Allen (b. 1/1840, d.8/16/1913)
- Julia Allen (b. @1844, d. before 1906)
- Almira E. Allen (b. 9/25/1846, m. Jacob Van Benscoten)
- Catherine Allen (b. 1848, m. Elam Williams, d.5/17/1927) Catherine's daughter Emma Williams married Homer Frink of Altamont
- Mary C. Allen (b.3/30/1849, d. 10/3/1853)
- Augusta Olivia Allen (b.8/5/1851, m. Seymour Armstrong 12/25/1877, d. 2/5/1937 in Albany)
- Celinda Allen (b. 3/9/1853, d.4/5/1854 in Knox)
- Martha O. Allen (b. @1857)
- William Allen (b. 8/22/1860; m. Edith Ostrander, d. 12/17/1917)
Elam Williams Obituary - Altamont Enterprise - February 22, 1907 Sylvester Allen Obituary - Altamont Enterprise - September 23, 1898 Sarah Bunzey Allen Obituary - Altamont Enterprise - October 3, 1891 Stanley Williams Obituary - Altamont Enterprise - October 22, 1943