Adams, Charles L. (B. 1879)
Charles L Adams was born 30 NOV 1879 the son of Clark Adams (1857 - 16 NOV 1938) and Sarah J. Wright (ABT 1853 - 1921) and grandson of Andrew J. Adams. His brothers and sisters were:
- James Adams (ABT 1878 - UNKNOWN) of Amsterdam
- Edwin Leroy Adams (8 MAR 1881 - 9 FEB 1960) of Berne
- Andrew James Adams (27 SEP 1883 - AFT 1936)
- Willard Adams (11 SEP 1885 - 31 DEC 1965) of Berne father of Seth Adams (B. 1917)
- Nellie Adams (ABT 1890 - UNKNOWN) - Mrs. Nellie Betts of Albany
- Seth Adams (29 JUL 1892 - 25 DEC 1967) of Berne
- Elizabeth "Bessie" Adams (ABT 1894 - UNKNOWN)- Miss Bessie Adams of Albany
Marriage & Children
Charles L Adams married 25 FEB 1908 at Berne, Albany, NY Anna R Jansen (1890 - 24 DEC 1965). Their children were:
- Ethel Mae Adams (April 19, 1913 - July 8, 2012)
- Ruth Mary Adams (23 AUG 1911 - 28 JUL 1996)
- Alice A Adams (1913 - 1939)
Charles L Adams died 3 NOV 1956.
CHARLES L. ADAMS
Death has again called a life-long resident of the Town of Berne in the passing of Charles L. Adams, son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Clark Adams. The Adams family for many years occupied the farm formerly known as the Luther Miller farm on top of Irish Hill. As he grew up, while not a veterinarian, he acquired a natural aptitude with horses and cattle, and was called on by many when in difficulty with their stock. Later he became a trainer and driver of fast horses.
For the past several years he and his wife occupied their home on the Berne-East Berne road, but spent much of the racing season at Saratoga and various other tracks where he had employment with horse owners, among whom was the late Maurice Shank.
He had a host of friends and will be greatly missed in the community. He is survived by his widow, the former Anna R. Jansen; two daughters, Mrs. Ruth Wickham of Coeymans Hollow and Mrs. Ethel Snyder of Berne; two sisters, Mrs. Nellie Betts and Miss Bessie Adams of Albany; four brothers, James of Amsterdam, and Edward, Willard and Seth Adams of Berne; several grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. Funeral services were, held Tuesday from the Brunk Funeral Home in Berne.
- Altamont Enterprise — November 9, 1956