Wolford, Henry D.
Henry was born on August 12, 1798 in Berne, a son of Daniel Wolford and Margaret Van Wormer. His known siblings were:
- John Wolford who was born on May 3, 1786, he married Elizabeth Abbott
- Cornelius Wolford who was born on August 18, 1806, he married Mary Ann Jones
- Magdalena Wolford who was born on November 5, 1795, she married Egbert Schoonmaker
Marriage & Children
On August 20, 1823 at the Reformed Church in Schoharie, he married Catherine Becker who was born about 1800. Their known children were:
- Henry Wolford was born on November 15, 1825, he died as an infant and was buried in the family burial ground with his parents.
- Mary Ann Wolford was born on December 10, 1826
- Margaret Wolford was born on July 26, 1829, she married Philip D. Haverly
Henry married secondly at about 1830, Leah, who was born at about 1806 in Schoharie County. Their known children:
- Emeline Wolford was born on October 31, 1831, she married Peter Schoonmaker
- Louisa Wolford was born on January 8, 1834
- George Wolford was born on January 30, 1836, he married Maria Louise Utman
- William B. Wolford who was born at about 1839
Catherine died on May 22, 1830 and was buried in the family burial ground on their farm. Henry died on February 22, 1856 and was buried beside her. Nothing further has been learned about Henry’s second wife, Leah.
Additional Research Notes