Jared Stephens was born September 28, 1739, the son of Simeon Stephens and Mercy Coates.  His siblings were:
- HANNAH STEPHENS, b. May 16, 1738, Stonington, New London County, Connecticut; m. THEOPHILUS FITCH November 9, 1757; son of Theophilus Fitch and Grace Grant; b. May 8, 1737, Stonington, New London County, Connecticut.
- SIMEON STEPHENS, JR., b. October 4, 1741, Stonington, New London County, Connecticut: m. (1) SUSAN SHERMAN 1760; (2) LOUISE KINNE October 10, 1770; (3) CLOZ BROMLEY December 22, 1803
- ANNA STEPHENS.
- ABEL STEPHENS, b. June 23, 1748, Stonington, New London County, Connecticut; d. September 27, 1835, Canaan, Litchfield County, Connecticut; m. BRIDGET PALMER 1772.
- ELIZABETH STEPHENS, b. July 17, 1752, Stonington, New London County, Connecticut; d. July 26, 1820, West Meredith, Delaware County, New York; m. NATHAN STILSON January 29, 1771, New Milford, Litchfield County, Connecticut; son of Moses Stilson and Mary Beers: b. October 14, 1746, Milford, New Haven County, Connecticut; d. May 21, 1826, West Meredith, Delaware County, New York.
- ROSWELL STEPHENS, b. April 20, 1755, Stonington, New London County, Connecticut; m. LYDIA ROWLSON.
Jared Stephens fought in the Revolutionary War. He served with the 2nd Rensselaerwick Battalion, Albany Co Reg. under Col. Killian Van Rensselaer.
Marriage & Children
Jared Stephens married Lucy Stewart (30 JUL 1743 - DEC 1820) in 1759 at Stonington, New London, CT. She was the daughter of William Stewart (1714 – 1759) and Elizabeth Stevens (1719 – 1770). Their children were
- William Stephens (14 MAY 1761 - 24 SEP 1857)
- Jared Stevens (6 JUN 1763 - 1853)
- Lucy Stevens (ABT 1765 - 1 FEB 1848)
- Mary Stevens (13 MAY 1767 - )
- Jedediah Stephens (18 APR 1770 - 7 JUL 1857)
- Samuel B Stephens was the child of Jedediah Stephens born on 18 - Apr - 1770 at Stonington CT died at Duanesburgh NY on 7 - Jul - 1857 and his ( 1st ) wife Mercy Burlingame born on - - died on - - 1841 married on - - 1793 DAR
- Elizabeth Stevens (16 SEP 1772 - 1842)
- Jabez Stevens (BEF 1775 - )
- Roswell Stevens (9 FEB 1775 - 18 FEB 1854)
- Eliphalet Stevens (1 APR 1777 - )
- Simeon Stephens (12 MAY 1780 - 17 JAN 1856) 
Jared Stephens died in 1800. He was buried in the Old Knox Cemetery - Jared Stephens Albany County Militia Died 1800 aged 61 years Veteran War of the Revolution.
Jared Stephens cause of death: Fall from a horse. Lucy Stewart's cause of death: House Fire.
STEVENS, JARED Ancestor #: A108888
Service: NEW YORK Rank: PRIVATE
Birth: 9-28-1739 STONINGTON NEW LONDON CO CONNECTICUT
Death: 1800 KNOX ALBANY CO NEW YORK
Service Description: 1) COL KILIAN VAN RENSSELAER'S 4TH REGT.
Residence 1) County: ALBANY CO - State: NEW YORK
Spouse 1) LUCY STEWART
Jared Stephens (Simeon, Henry, Henry) was born in Stonington, Connecticut September 28, 1739. He married Lucy Stewart, daughter of William Stewart Jr. and Elizabeth (Stephens) Stewart. She was born July 30, 1743. They lived in Stonington and Voluntown, Connecticut, Stephentown, New York, and in Knox Albany County, New York, where Jared Stephens died about 1800, having been thrown from his horse. He was a farmer. He may have been the Jared who served in the Revolution in the 2nd Rensselaerwick Battalion, Albany Co. Regiment, under Colonel Killian Van Rensselaer. His widow and son, William, lost their lives in the burning of their house, in Knox, New York.
- The above information was obtained from the "Stephens-Stevens genealogy, lineage from Henry Stephens, or Stevens of Stonington, Connecticut, 1668." by Plowdon Stevens (1909).