Peck, William H.
He was a Farmer
Marriage & Children
- Orin Arthur Peck b.16 July 1847 d.3 may 1892, married Emaline Gould (1847-1937). A Civil War Soldier in Co. H 61 Regt. of the New York Volunteers, buried Hannacrox Rural Cemetery in Dormansville
- Charles Peck b.1850 Westerlo, Married 20 June 1874, Alice Catherine Pomeroy, he died in Hartford, CT.
- Franklin Peck b.1 Sept. 1851 Schoharie Co., d.16 Apr.1901 married Marilla Garvey (1852-1920).
- John M. Peck b.Oct. 1853 Fulton Co. NY, d.1947 married Minnie Wheeler (1864-1942) both Westerlo Rural Cemetery.
- Arthur Eugene Peck b.Aug. 1856 Westerlo, d.1916 married Ada Sullivan (1863-1943) buried Westerlo Rural Cemetery.
|Enlistment Date:||19 Aug 1862|
|Enlistment Place:||Broadalbin, NY|
|State Served:||New York|
|Captured on:||15 Sept 1862|
|Captured at:||Harpers Ferry, VA|
|Captured:||15 Sept 1862|
|Paroled on:||16 Sept 1862 20 Sept 1862|
|Wounded in Action on:||20 Feb 1864|
|Wounded at:||Olustee, FL|
|Muster Out Date:||17 June 1865|
|Muster Out Place:||Raleigh, NC|
|Additional Remarks: Enlisted at the age of 36 to serve 3 years.
Born in Westerlo, Age 36, Farmer, Blue eyes, Black hair, Light complexion, 5'10" tall.
|Sources Used: Dawn Pratt, descendant.; Annual Report of the Adjutant General of the State of New York.|
William's death is unknown but from his Civil War records it gives his death between 1890-1900 somewhere in the South. William was a traveler never stayed in one place for long. George Peck heard from his brother-in-law that he had received a letter abt. 1892 that said William died working on a boat in the South.
William Peck appears on the 1890 Veterans Schedule for Johnstown, Fulton County, NY without remarks other than his address and his service information.
His widow received her pension based on his service on April 2, 1896
- Annual Report of the Adjutant General of the State of New York
- NY Civil War Muster Roll Abstracts, Ancestry.com Military databases
- Dawn Pratt
- Civil War Pension Records @ Fold3.com