Hamlets and Communities (Knox)
From Helderberg Hilltowns of Albany County, NY
Visit Hamlets and Communities for a listing of all hamlets in the Hilltowns.
Knox hamlets have largely disappeared except for downtown Knox (Knoxville)
- East Township - a hamlet in the northeast part of the town on Route 146.
- Hamlet of Knox - (formerly "Knoxville"), the largest hamlet in Knox, is in the central part of the town, located at the junction of State Route 156 (Berne-Altamont Road) and County Road 252 (Knox Cave Road). Beaverdam Creek flows past the hamlet.
- Lee's Corners - now gone, existed at the corner of Beebe Road and Knox Cave Road
- Thompson's Lake - a lake in the southeast part of the town, most of which is in Berne
- West Berne - a hamlet at the town line in the southwest part of the town, most of which is in Berne
- West Township - a hamlet in the northwest part of the town on Route 146.