Gould and Peck
Gould and Peck Family Burying Ground
Johnny Cake Hill 1/2 mile west of its intersection with Route 408 (Fancher Road).It is on the north side of the road, 150 feet from the road next to the stone wall. Map of 1866 it is Lot 155 approximately by the name Peck on the map.
Transcriptions of stones
- DANIEL GOULD died Sep 30 1880 aged 83 years 10 months 12 days
- SARAH wife of Daniel Gould died June 17 1852 aged 58 years 7 days.
- In Memory of Eliza Ann Gould dau of Daniel & Sarah died Feb 28 1843 ages 4 years 11 m’s 8 da’s
- In Memory of SARAH ELIZABETH daughter of George & Betsy M. Gould Peck departed this life March 29 1853 aged 3 years 6 m’s 29 days.
- Main large stone.
- West side: FATHER & MOTHER with the name “PECK” on the section above the base.
- South side: BETSY M GOULD wife of George Peck died Jan 5 1882 aged 64 years 11 m’s 8 d’s.
- East side:
- top half - MARY J PECK died Aug 27 1866 aged 25 yrs 3 m’s 15 d’s
- bottom half - WILLIAM J PECK died in the Army Oct 26 1864 aged 19 years 1 mo 15 d’s
- OLIVE S. daughter of George & Betsy Peck died April 13 1854 aged 5 years 1 mo 19 d’s
- WILLIAM PECK died Westerlo Nov 12 1896 aged 28y 6m 27d son of Daniel G. Peck and Julia Losee.
- MARY ANN PECK died Westerlo Ot 10, 1901 aged 82y 7m 23d daughter of Daniel Gould and Sarah Green
- Unmarked grave
- Unmarked grave
- George Peck. According to Thurman Bishop, Westerlo Town Historian 1986, records show George buried here but outlived the rest of the family and there was never an engraving. T. Bishop was told there is a tomb stone in the stone wall itself. Perhaps it is George.
Transcriptions by Peggy Peck & Betty Ann Filkins, 1986
- broken stone
- very faded- had to rub to read
- this stone was leaning up agaist a tree; looks like it belongs near foot of stone marked SEP — very eroded
- Old records show he was wounded in battle and must of died of his wounds in the CIVIL WAR.
- also very eroded and had to rub to read