Gibbs, Cortland P.
Cortland P. Gibbs was the son of the late Albert Gibbs and Eva Ann Ball. His siblings were:
- Floyd Eugene Gibbs-b.4 Mar 1879-d. 24 Dec 1879. He worked for the Town of Knox as Highway Superintendent, Deputy Sheriff,& Justice of the Peace. He married Minnie Harriet Mattice on 22 Feb, 1899. They had children; Rachael Mcmillen (1900-1979), Albert Ira Gibbs (1902-1991).
- Franklin J. Gibbs-b. 30 Jun 1885-d. 20 Aug 1886.
- Anna B. Gibbs -b. 4 Nov 1886-d. 20 Oct 1979.She was a homemaker.She married farmerHenry Alson Miller (1876-1965) on 31 Jun 1905 at Town of Berne. They had 2 children; Hubert Henry Miller (1906-2001 and Chester Alson Miller (1908-1974).
- Harrison Benjamin (Harry) Gibbs-b. 4 Nov 1888-d. 9 Aug 1975.He was a farmer. He married Vertie Clow (1893 -1995) on 22 Mar, 1913. They had 5 children; Betty Jane Gibbs, Francis C. Gibbs(1914-1984),Alton Gibbs (1918-2001), Eunice O'donnell (1919-1966),and James Gibbs (1922-1965).
- Ethel May Gibbs-b. 6 Nov 1890-d. 31 May 1989. She was a homemaker and an active member in St. Paul's Lutheran Ch. in Berne. She married Charles Mc Dermott (1881-1950) abt. 1915 at Town of Knox, Albany County, NY. They had 3 children; Alton Gibbs (1918-2001), Eunice O'donnell(1919-1966), and James Gibbs(1922-1965).
- Robie J. Gibbs-b. 20 Mar 1893-d. 28 Apr 1894).
Marriage & Children
Cortland Gibbs had two daughters:
- Mrs. Robert Oliver of Oneonta
- Mrs. Harvey Eldred of Altamont R. D.,
Cortland P. Gibbs was 62 years of age and had been in failing health for some time. He came for treatment to the Albany hospital, where he pass away Monday evening, Sept 20 (1949).
CORTLAND P. GIBBS
The funeral of Cortland P. Gibbs was held at Brunk's undertaking parlors in Berne Thursday afternoon. He was the son of the late Albert Gibbs and Eva Ann Ball, and although a former resident of Berne, had been living in Oneonta for many years. He was a fireman for the D. & H. railroad, working out of Binghamton.
He was 62 years of age and had been in failing health for some time. He came for treatment to the Albany hospital, where he pass away Monday evening, Sept 20 (1949).
He is survived by two daughters, Mrs. Robert Oliver of Oneonta, Mrs. Harvey Eldred of Altamont R. D., one brother, Harry Gibbs of Knox; two sisters, Mrs. Henry Miller of Berne and Mrs. Chas. McDermott of Knox; and also several grand-children, nephews and nieces, who have the sympathy of their many friends in their bereavement.
Interment was in the family plot at Oneonta.
- Altamont Enterprise - September 24, 1949.