Andreas Boettcher was born in 1746 at Emmerstadt, Germany. He was also known by the name of Andrew Batcher.
He was a Hessian soldier who deserted his troops and fought with the colonists. Andreas began his military service in 1777.
Marriage and Children
Andreas married Maria Fetterly, daughter of Philip Fetterly and Anna Margaretha Schumacher/Schuman. They were married on September 2, 1783, in the Schoharie Lutheran Church, Schoharie, N.Y. (then in the county of Albany. Andreas lived in 1787 at Town of Knox, and appeared there on the census of 1790.
Children of Andreas & Maria:
- Conrad Batcher born on 10 Aug 1781 at Albany, NY.
- Margaretha Batcher aka Maria, was born on 23 May 1784 at Albany, NY. She married Jacob C. Warner.
- Lena Batcher born on 3 Apr 1786 at probably, Knox. She married Henry Christopher Warner. Their son was Jacob A. Warner.
- Anna Maria Batcher born on 15 Dec 1788 at Knox
- Abraham Batcher born on 6 Mar 1791 at Albany, NY. He married Mercy (--?--).
- Rebecca Batcher born on 16 May 1793 at Albany, NY.
- Eva Batcher born on 12 Jul 1795 at Albany, NY. She married Jacob P. Hane.
- Christopher Batcher
Andreas died December 8, 1830, in Knox.