Amos Beecher was born in New Haven, Connecticut on June 10, 1743 the son of Joseph Beecher and Sarah Ford.
Marriage & Children
On September 13, 1771 he married Deborah Welton who was born at about 1750 in Connecticut. They had the following children:
- Amos Beecher was born on December 3, 1772, he was a doctor
- Lucy Beecher was born at about 1774
- Samuel Beecher was born at about 1776
- Salmon I. Beecher who was born in 1777, married Lovisa Sheldon
On November 23, 1780 he married Rebekah Abbott. Their known child:
- Joseph Abbott Beecher born at about 1782
He enlisted in Connecticut on the first call for troops and rose to the rank of captain. He commanded a company in the 15th militia regiment in 1778. He was discharged on December 6, 1780.
Deborah died in 1780. Amos died on September 6, 1818 in Rensselaerville. Rebecca died on November 6, 1836.
Will of Amos Beecher
Additional Research Notes
Amos was an uncle to Harriet Beecher Stowe.
Muster Roll index for Amos Beecher