Adam Reinhart, was the son of Johannes Reinhart and Margaret Deitz. He was born June 16, 1805, in Berne and was the youngest of their 11 children.
According to the 1850 census, Adam was a farmer and lived in Berne.
- 4/1/1854 Adam Reinhart & his wife Sophia deeded 2 parcels of Lot 539 to Egbert S. Wright Rec. Bk 125 Pg 39
Marriage & Children
Adam married Sophia Snyder on December 23, 1824, at the Beaverdam Reformed Church, in Berne. They had 9 children all born in Berne:
- Ann Eliza Reinhart (about 1825)
- Alexander Reinhart (about 1828)
- Sinthiya Moriah Reinhart (b-Jan 1, 1830 D-9 May 1833)
- Amelia E. Reinhart (June 1832)
- Almina Reinhart (about 1835)
- Peleg Reinhart (Jan 16, 1837)
- Angeline Reinhart (about 1843)
- Adam Miner Reinhart (about 1845)}
- Seneca Reinhart (about 1847)<br.>
Adam died on November 6, 1865, in Berne and was buried in Woodlawn Cemetery along with his wife who died on January 11, 1881.
Note: In 1845, Adam Reinhart purchased a Bible which was eventually given to Elsie Reinhart who passed it on to her son, Richard B. Barton. It was then given to Dana Barton Berry, oldest daughter of Richard where it remains today. (2008) The front of the Bible has some family information. Further information can be found in the Media section above.